- wine type: Red
- country: Argentina
- wine style Full Bodied: Red
- wine grape: Malbec
- vintage: 2017
- strength : 14.0%
- wine country: Argentina
- Intense purple in colour, the wine displays a great depth of black fruits, fresh herbal notes and spice.
- The Palate is elegant with lovely weight, bright black fruits and fresh acidity.
- The Finish is Long silky tannins.
Cadus was the Latin name given to the amphora containing the most exclusive limited wines in Ancient Rome. Today, Cadus Wines honors the thousand-year tradition of winemaking, seeking the highest expression of their terroir in each wine.
Tupungato Mendoza. High altitude, powerful luminosity, limestone soils, and clear sky is where this wine is created. Intense color and hints of minerality with a fresh and elegant perfume.
- In Ancient Rome, the amphora that carried limited batches of special wine was called “Cadus“ Created with the same vision, Cadus was Nieto Senetiner’s iconic wine for two decades.
- Today, CADUS wines is an independent winery that creates limited batches of auteur wines with the zeal of those who seek to capture the unique features of the best vineyards in the Andes foothills.
120 year old
Rich complexity, impeccable balance, absolute elegance.
Will grow old with you. Or not, if you pair it with beef or chocolate.
Coming from our 120-year-old vines in Lunlunta, Doña Silvina Reserva Malbec is our iconic wine. The organic and biodynamic grapes are handpicked early in April and hand-destemmed, berry by berry, before fermenting both in new French oak barrels and stainless steel tanks with their wild yeast. Ages for 24 months in new French oak barrels and rests for 12 months in bottle. Age for 8+ years.
Malbec (70%) & Aglianico (30%) in absolute balance. Will graduate with your children, unless you prefer it now with your homemade juicy stew
Malbec and Aglianico vines grow side by side in our Villa Seca, Maipu vineyard. Now we can enjoy both varieties in an innovative and exclusive blend, organic and biodynamic, the first of its kind in Argentina. Handpicked late in March and gone through a double hand selection (cluster & grape).
Following its fermentation in stainless steel tanks, it rests for 18 months in French oak barrels, then at least 6 months in bottle. Age for 7+ years.
- Variety : 100% AGLIANICO
- Alcohol: 14.4 v / v .
- Residual sugar: 2.39g / l.
- pH : 3.80
- ACIDITY: 5.36
- MAIPU Region , MENDOZA.
- Altitude of the vineyard : 900 MSNM.
- Driving : Simple Guyot
- Irrigation : Traditional
- Vineyard age : 4 years
- Plantation density : 6,900 plants / ha
- Production : 1,300g / Plant.
- Harvest date : Mid March
- Harvest : manual in boxes of 15 Kg.
- Fermentation and elaboration : Cold maceration for 5 days, alcoholic fermentation with wild yeasts.
- Aging: 100% in first and second use French oak barrels for 18 months
- Aging potential: 8 years.
- Serving temperature : 16-18 ° C
The Single Vineyard´s line honors attention to detail. Distinctive wines, aromas and intensity are born from each estate. The conjugation of soil, topographic characteristics, water quality, sunlight and temperatures translates into harmonious wines of superlative quality.
Bodegas Krontiras was created in 2004 by Constantinos Krontiras and Silvina Macipe-Krontiras.Their love for Argentina and their passion for good wine gave birth to a family owned, organic and biodynamic project whose wines offer a distinguished natural expression of the Mendoza terroir. We are dedicated in the production of natural wines through organic and biodynamic growing. We create our wines letting nature do its work, using wild yeast and intervening as less as possible to the elaboration process. We respect our land and try to make the best of its gifts. We work with absolute traceability so that every wine enthusiast knows that our wines come directly from our own grapes. We are very proud to be the first wine project in Mendoza to process its organic and biodynamic grapes in its own certified organic and biodynamic Winery.